F1 Championships have been hosted in several circuits since its inception in 1950 till date. Silverstone hosted the first World Championship race, the 1950 British Grand Prix. Nürburgring is one of the most famous circuits in Formula One Championships.
Formula One races are held in three type of circuits: race tracks, road
tracks and city street tracks.
Here is information about all types of F1 Circuits. F1 events are held in race circuits, street circuits and hybrid circuits.
Types of Circuits
- Bahrain International Circuit, located in Sakhir, is scheduled to hold Bahrain Grand Prix from 2004 to 2016.
- Circuit de Catalunya, located in Barcelona, is scheduled to host Spanish Grand Prix between 1991 to 2016.
- Donington Park, located in Leicestershire, held European Grand Prix and British Grand Prix in 1993. The circuit is schedule to hold the championship from 2010 to 2019.
- Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, located in Imola, hosted San Marino Grand Prix and Italian Grand Prix between 1980 to 2006.
- Fuji Speedway, located in Shizuoka, held Japanese Grand Prix in 1976, 1977, 2007 and 2008. It is scheduled to hold the race in 2010.
- Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, a road/race circuit, is located in Montreal. The venue held Canadian Grand Prix from 1978 to 1986. The venue is scheduled to hold the championship from 1988 to 2009.
- Hockenheimring, a road/race circuit, is located in Hockenheim. The venue held German Grand Prix 1970, 1977–1984, 1986–2006, 2008. It is schedule to hold the race in 2010.
- Hungaroring, located at Mogyoród (near Budapest), is scheduled to hold Hungarian Grand Prix from 1986 to 2016.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway, located at Indianapolis, held Indianapolis 500 United States Grand Prix between 1950-1960 and 2000-2007
- Istanbul Park, located at Istanbul, is scheduled to hold Turkish Grand Prix from 2005 to 2009.
- Autódromo José Carlos Pace, Interlagos, located Sau Paulo, held Brazilian Grand Prix held 1973–1977, 1979–1980, and 1990–2008. The venue will be held at the venue in 2009.
- Korean International Circuit is located at Yeongam County, South Jeolla, South Korea. The venue will hold Korean Grand Prix in 2010.
- Magny-Cours Circuit, located at Nevers, held French Grand Prix between 1991 and 2008. The venue will host the championship in 2009 also.
- Autodromo Nazionale Monza, located at Monza, held Italian Grand Prix during 1950–1979 and 1981–2008. The event will be held here in 2009 too.
- Nürburgring is a road/race circuit located at Nürburg. It hosted German Grand Prix, European Grand Prix and Luxembourg Grand Prix 1951–1958, 1961–1969, 1971–1976, 1984–1985, and 1995–2007. The place will hold the Championship in 2009 and 2011.
- Sepang International Circuit, located at Kuala Lumpur, is scheduled to hold Malaysian Grand Prix between 1999 to 2015.
- Shanghai International Circuit, located at Shanghai, is scheduled to hold Chinese Grand Prix between 2004 and 2011.
- Silverstone Circuit, located at Silverstone, held British Grand Prix during 1950–1954, 1956, 1958, 1960, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1969, 1971, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1979, 1981, 1983, 1985 and 1987–2008. The venue will also hold the event in 2009.
- Suzuka Circuit, located at Suzuka, held Japanese Grand Prix between 1987 to 2006. The event will also be held during 2009 and 2111.
- Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, a race/road circuit, is located at Montreal. The venue held Canadia Grand Prix in 1978–1986, 1988–2009.
- Hockenheimring, a race/road circuit, is located at Hockenheim. The venue held German Grand Prix in 1970, 1977–1984, 1986–2006. The venue will hold the event in 2008 and 2010 also.
- Nürburgring, a race/road circuit, is located at Nürburg. The venue held German Grand Prix, European Grand Prix and Luxembourg Grand Prix in 1951–1958, 1961–1969, 1971–1976, 1984–1985, 1995–2007. The venue will hold the event in 2009 and 2011 also.
- Spa-Francorchamps, located at Spa, held Belgian Grand Prix in 1950–1970, 1983, 1985–2002, 2004–2005, 2007–2012.
- Albert Park, located at Melbourne, is scheduled to hold Australian Grand Prix in 1996–2015.
- Circuit de Monaco, at Monaco, held Monaco Grand Prix in 1950, 1955–2008. The venue will also hold the event in 2009.
- Singapore Street Circuit, at Singapore, will hold Singapore Grand Prix between 2008 to 2012.
- Valencia Street Circuit at Valencia is scheduled to hold European Grand Prix between 2008 and 2014.
- Yas Island, located at Abu Dhabi, is a hybrid circuit. The venue will host Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in 2009.